Master Builders KwaZulu-Natal has identified that in addition to our standard OHS Member Services offering, there is a need within the construction industry for a more comprehensive service bouquet. With this in mind we have introduced a variety of Consulting Services also available to non-members.
Master Builders KwaZulu-Natal offers a comprehensive Occupational Health & Safety Consultancy service that will assist Members and Non-Members to comply with the requirements as set out in the Construction Regulations of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 85 of 1993 and subsequent amendments thereto.
OHS Consulting services are offered to Members at a discounted rate and to Non-Members at a market- related rate. The Association is accredited by the Department of Labour as an Approved Inspection Authority and our consultants meet the requirements of the South African Council for Project and Construction Management Professionals (SACPCMP) for Professional Construction Health and Safety Agents (Pr. CHSA).
The Association has the following registrations with SACPCMP:
- Pr.CHSA (Professional Construction Health and Safety Agent)
- Pr.CHSM(Construction Health and Safety Manager)
- CHSO (Construction Health and Safety Officer)
These registrations added to the expertise of the unit enable the Association to deliver a professional service that meets all safety requirements
Consulting Services Include:
- Full Pr. CHSA Services for Clients as per Construction Regulation 5(7) a & b,
- Developing of Safety Specifications and Base Line Risk Assessments for Clients
- Conducting of site audits and inspections
- Submit written reports on audits and inspections
- Assist with incident investigations
- Provide assistance during Department of Labour inquiries